New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7, 2011--A day with no Internet...

Thanks to today's lovely ice storm, we had phone service but no Internet for most of the day. I'm not sure how that actually worked as the Internet comes through the phone lines...we could call out and receive calls but had no access to the web until about 4 pm.
It was a bit annoying, since my job is on-line. No Internet equaled no work today which means a reduced pay check this month.  I thought I'd be able to be productive and work on our taxes until I discovered I needed to read some of the instructions for one of the forms I am filing and the instructions are only on the IRS website, only accessible through the non-existent Internet. So, I nixed that idea and moved on the next one to fill the day.
That turned out to be writing another ten pages in my book, so despite the inconvenience of not having the Internet, it was a productive day. I didn't even notice the sleet and freezing rain coming down as I was so involved in my Mayan story, lost in the jungle, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment