New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14, 2011-- Listening to the Universe...

Today is the third day in a row that my on-line job has not had work for me. Day one felt like a holiday and I went off to get my hair cut, did some necessary errands, and even went to the bookstore and bought a new book with the 40% off coupon I received via email. Being in the store, looking at all the published novels made me want to rush home and write, which I did do over the weekend, adding another 18 pages to my novel draft.
Day two with no work turned out to be annoying as it was Monday and I was ready to be at my desk. Instead, I went mattress shopping with my husband, which turned out to be a tiring and tedious task and we came home empty-handed. (Any suggestions on a good mattress for around $600-$800 will be greatly appreciated.)
Today, Day three--only a short amount of work to do this morning and then nothing. I have felt out of sorts, discombobulated, unable to focus this morning on much of anything, especially writing, so wound up stacking firewood. It felt good to move, good to see the wood pile growing ever larger inside the shed instead of out in the rain. I also came to the conclusion during this therapeutic exercise that maybe the universe was trying to say something to me these past couple of days. That maybe, this job is not where my life is really at. Sure, it is paying the bills right now, but if my true goal is to be a writer, more specifically a travel/travelling writer, then maybe instead of fretting about the lack of work, I should be working on writing about my travels.
So, on that note, I just took a leap of faith and signed up for an introductory lesson from MatadorU for their Travel Writing program. For ten dollars, I can try out the site and lesson for a week, if I like it, I pay the remaining money, if not, I cancel and I'm only out the ten bucks.
Based on what I have read so far, I think I will stick with the program. And because of that, some of my blogs in the months to come may seem strange when in fact, they will really be assignments for this on-line writing course. They recommend using the MatadorU blog site for a space, but offer the option of using your own blog site if you already have a blog started. Since this blog exists and the thought of trying to maintain two made me slightly ill, I posted this site as my MatadorU site. That means some postings will be assignments and may have feedback from other students enrolled in this program. It also means I will probably be able (finally) to focus this blog into what I had originally started it for which is to write about Maine and Mexico. So, that's the news for now, hope you come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment