New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6, 2011-- Over and done...

March Madness/ The Final Four are over and done. Tonight, blessed sleep will come early to this house!
It was disappointing that the UConn Women's team did not make it to the final game, but we were happy to see the UConn Men  win the championship. And, because the women lost to Notre Dame, I rooted for Texas A and M and was quite happy to see them beat Notre Dame last night by 6 points.
Now, the television will be given a bit of a break as there really is not much to watch on most of the channels. With 120 channels or however many we have in our dish package, it still strikes me as odd that there is so little out there really worth the time to watch.
Maybe it is the writer in me, but I would much rather read a good book than watch a sitcom or drama for an hour. I try to remind myself that all shows on television have been written by someone, so watching them is similar to reading, but I have yet to really convince myself of this. And yet, when I watch a movie, I often feel like I can feel the connection to the writer behind the scenes. I wonder why there is a difference between the two? And if the movie is particularly good, like The King's Speech for instance, I wind up wishing I could write something as good and feel energized to get back to my computer and bang away on the keys.
So, with that note, off to read and maybe do some writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment