New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 19, 2011-- Mayans and Hawaii...

The Mayans and Hawaii are on my mind today--The Mayans because I have taken the day off from my paying job to work on my book, which is centered around the Mayans. And Hawaii, because my oldest son is flying in from Hawaii to Boston today, then taking the bus to Portland where I will pick him up.
I lose myself in writing another scene for the book only to glance at the clock and realize I have several more hours to wait before leaving for Portland. It is a strange, giddy kind of day, kind of like the blustery wind that blows fiercely, then dies off for a few moments. I write rapidly, then stare vacantly out the window until another burst hits me. I think about Hawaii, how crazy it is to leave that warm sunshine for the wild winter and snow we are experiencing right now and yet, am glad that my son has not lost his taste for Maine and all its various seasons. He is eager to go snowmobiling and ice fishing; I would rather lie on the beach, go snorkeling and watch him surf board! But, that will happen in June, when I am determined to go see him in HI. As a reward for finishing (I hope) this new book among other reasons.
Meanwhile, the sun has come out, enticing me to venture farther than the woodshed for more fuel for the stoves. But, I think I will sink back into the Mayan jungle and see where my characters will lead me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment