New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 23, 2011-- A good day...

Today was one of those all too rare good days when everything seems to feel just right and the day unwinds in a logical procession of accomplishments. Four hours of work, several cups of tea, a huge load of laundry, and warm sun streaming through the windows comprised much of the morning. Then, a brief lunch, wood hauling chores, a quick walk to feed the neighbor's cat, and a longer walk down a crunchy snowmobile trail for forty minutes or so started off the afternoon. Then, two glorious hours of losing myself in my latest writing project where my characters came to life and made me forget I was sitting in central Maine, in the middle of February. Suddenly I glanced out the window and saw the shadows starting to lengthen, realized that the stoves needed fuel,  and the pot roast for supper had to get in the oven if we were to eat tonight. So, I reluctantly shut down my computer, put on some Shakira, and danced in the kitchen while I cooked a big meal and baked cookies for my sons.
Now, I wait for my boys to arrive, to hear their tales of ice fishing up on Spencer Lake and find out their plans for tomorrow. My hope is to have a repeat of today, but of course, that will almost certainly not happen, so I am grateful for today and every day that comes close to it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, it sounds like a wonderful day! May you have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, today was not quite so grand, but was another productive writing afternoon--I hit a milestone of page 50 of the same project for the first time ever!

    ReplyDelete