New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Monday, February 28, 2011

February 28, 2011--Priceless...

Friday was a messy weather day to say the least-- we must have received another 5-6 inches on top of the glare ice in the parking lot, making the trek to the woodshed a treacherous walk. My cramp-ons only clotted full of snow, causing my boots to rock on the icy ground rather than landing flat and steady like they should have. But, despite the weather, my husband braved the storm to drive home from CT after being in Baltimore for over a week.
Saturday, the morning was spent in slow motion, drinking tea, eating warm peanut butter toast, chatting with my husband and my two older sons once they ventured forth from their respective bedrooms. We shoveled out and after lunch, Yule, Jeffrey and I made the slippery drive to Skowhegan to play pool at Ken's. We met my youngest son in town and headed to play pool until I spotted the bar.
Yule turned 21 while out in Hawaii, so we entered the bar and had a beer together before heading to the tables. We cranked up the old juke box and played for a couple of hours. None of us were that good and that didn't matter. We drank beer, shot balls into pockets, ate french fries and onion rings and had a good time, enjoying each other's company. I walked away from there that night feeling like one of those VISA commercials--beer $24, pool tables $32, pizza, fries, onion rings $25 time spent with my family--priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment