New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 17, 2011--Three weeks and counting...

It's been a little over three weeks since the Bell's Palsy hit and I find today is the first day I have been able to go more time without a patch over my eye than with one. Although I still have to keep putting in drops and ointment to keep the eye moist which makes my vision blurry, it is a vast improvement over wearing an eye patch all day and not being able to see at all. Just having depth perception back is a huge treat and I was able to take a walk on a very rutted road today without fear of stumbling.
We are still waiting for the doctor to call with results on Jeffrey. He is doing okay; the most difficult aspect of all of this is not doing anything all day. It is hard to keep an active man quiet and sitting still. If anyone has good reads to suggest, send them along as I imagine he will be going through books quite rapidly this summer.
A couple of things I have learned this week--my wood splitting days of the past have come in handy as I have been able to split kindling this week, even with one eye covered. Driving is a challenge but doable as I made it all the way back from Jackman the other day and also navigated traffic in Augusta yesterday. Of all my senses, losing my eyesight completely would be the most devastating to me. I have had some loss of taste and hearing with this Bell's but the eye business has been far the most difficult part to deal with.
I hope to get back to writing about Mexico soon--for those of you who are interested, I have five articles on Suite 101 now--mostly about Mexico, so if interested, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment