New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3, 2011-- Slow progress....

Slow progress being made here in the health department--no real improvement in my eye these last couple of days, but my tongue is less tingly, so I take that as a good sign.
All things happen for a reason and I have been searching for the meaning behind this sudden illness of mine. Especially since it happened right after a full moon/ovulation sequence where I felt like I was flying, on top of everything--work, writing, blogging, research, gardening etc. The lesson I think was that I was going too fast and headed towards disaster. I was spending so much time racing from one thing to the next, sometimes multi-tasking with various tabs open on the computer, etc. that I stopped paying attention to the little details along the way. Like that my desk was beginning to disappear under a mountain of papers and research books piled on the floor at my feet. Or that I hadn't really sat down and read a magazine article in depth--I had just been skimming them to get the gist of things before moving on to the next. Or taking time to just sit outside, doing absolutely nothing except having my eyes closed and listening to the wind, the sap suckers and robins.
I needed to slow down a bit and the only way I was going to do it was by getting slammed hard.
So, here's to the little things in life these days--the way a bubble forms on the rim of the dish soap bottle when I squeeze the liquid into the sink, the feel of soft fingers massaging my face to help with circulation, the taste of corn chips and guacamole eaten with both eyes closed, the grittiness of the soil on my hands as I plant seeds in the greenhouse...you get the idea.
My mantra these days--take it slower, enjoy each passing moment, tomorrow will get here soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment