New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29, 2011-- Things to note...

It's been too long since I wrote a blog, a page or two in my book, actually anything except grocery lists and to-do today lists that seem to stretch on and on and on. However, I am pleased to say that one, I have not had a patch over my right eye for almost two weeks now and yesterday was the first day I did not need to apply any ointment to it (which makes my vision blurry. Better than no vision, but blurry nonetheless.)
Two, my husband has small bunches of energy which he is wisely using to help me do things like set up the garden fencing-an onerous task for two and really impossible for one, so I am grateful for his help.
Three, little by little the brush and wood from the fifty-plus trees we had dropped this spring by two able-bodied men with chainsaws is slowly being beaten back off the grass and garden areas. I tackle one small spot a day and figure if I am consistent with my efforts almost every day, I should have the whole area nicely cleaned up just about in time for the first leaves to fall.
Four, today was the first day I had eaten enough black flies and done enough in the gardening department to feel like I could sit at my desk and work on my book. What a treat to get back to writing after over a month away.
Five, having been sick myself and now with my husband sick, patience and enjoying the smallest things are so very important now. Watching the hummingbirds come to the feeders is probably one of our favorite pastimes these days.
Six, Life is short and I'm learning I can't do it all. I am setting priorities for the things that must be done for physical well-being, like the garden, as well as those things I must do for emotional well-being, like my writing. Some things will fall by the way side this year but I am determined that my book is not going to wind up on that list. So, on that note, I will go back to the Mayan jungle.

3 comments:

  1. Your approach sounds very wise. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to see you posting again, Lee! And I am glad you are still in the Mayan jungle as much as possible!
    zin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, it is good to be back!

    ReplyDelete