New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011--Rabbit, Rabbit...

Happy August 1st! Wow, July just kind of disappeared in a whirlwind of work, especially firewood. But, the woodshed is half full and there's more than enough dry wood waiting to go inside that we should be all set for this winter and part of next. That is a good feeling.
The garden is cranking out the produce at this point. Plenty of cucumbers, zucchini, kale, and chard to eat with enough extra to make pickles and zucchini bread. My neighbor's raspberry patch is in hyper drive--we picked 4 quarts in about 4 minutes this morning and probably have to do the same every day this week.
I just got an email from UPS telling me another book is on the way from Kirkus Reviews, with a second book waiting for me in the wings.
I am back to writing my novel! Everyone in the house, including visiting family members, is gone for the afternoon, so I have peace and quiet for now. I've been doing a lot of thinking on my novel, of where it might be heading for the past couple of weeks, so now I am getting a chance to try it all out. I'm introducing a new, minor character--it might be a bit late in the game to do so, but the scenes were too static with only one person in them. Now I have some interaction going on again and that feels right to me.
Hope the weeks are going well for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment