New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15, 2011-- A sense of violation...

This morning, while working for the job that I am not supposed to discuss, I landed on a website that had an old virus embedded in it--a W32/ Blaster worm...yeah, I know what the hell is that? Probably the worst virus my computer has contracted, ever, period. It shut down Internet Explorer, Firefox, any access to any kind of Internet help, either through Microsoft or McAfee. I had to use my son's computer to go on-line to look up possible solutions to this issue.
I tried clicking on Systems Restore, going to a version from earlier this morning but that was unsuccessful. Now, I think, am hopeful, that by going to Systems Restore again and clicking on a version from last week, I have finally gotten rid of the hateful thing.
But, I am leery to download Firefox 5 again or to go back into my worksite as my security system doesn't seem to be compatible with their system. Ugh.
I feel violated now--my peaceful, internal space, my work zone and livelihood have been attacked. I empathize with those who  have had their store fronts or homes broken into and items stolen. I am fearful of the Internet and the crazy creeps who put this crud out there. I feel physically traumatized for something that happened in cyber space. Is that a sign of how interconnected I, we, have all become with this new age of information and Internet access? I keep wondering what kinds of info they were able to access before I could get rid of their malware--identity theft, credit card numbers, etc. keep running through my mind, what do I actually have on this machine that might be of use/interest to thieves?
It's creepy and I don't like it but am forced to live with it and try to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment