New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28, 2011-- Small indulgences...

I'm not sure why, but today turned out to be a day for small indulgences. It started when I walked up to the mail box and found a package in the box from Newport News. The long awaited Christmas gift from my husband that had been backordered all this time had finally arrived. I opened the wrapping to discover a satiny black corset with a lacy white inset inside the package-lucky me!
I had to go to town to buy groceries this afternoon, a task I had been avoiding all week, so after lunch, set off in the car. I made a needed stop at the bank and gas station and then, because it was right there, went into Mr. Paperback. I discovered a Laura Esquivel book, Malinche,  on the sale table and added it to the newspapers I had picked up for Jeff. Then, since I was right there, I checked out the magazines and found several travel mags had new editions out already, so those were scooped up, too.
Then it was off to Hannaford's for the groceries. In the produce section, I discovered cilantro was on sale and in the seafood area, Maine shrimp were on sale, so that solved the whole "what's for dinner question"-- I envisioned fresh Maine shrimp sauteed with broccoli florets and chopped fresh cilantro, served on a bed of penne rigate pasta and promptly put the necessary items in the grocery cart.
I made it home in record time and found Jeff had placed martini glasses in the snow to chill, so we sipped lemon drop martinis while looking at the paper and the magazines I brought home. Then, I started cooking supper and discovered I needed to make some room in the freezer, so took out last summer's raspberries. I whipped up a blueberry-raspberry crisp for dessert and since the oven was on, threw in a couple of pieces of garlic bread to toast to go with the shrimp dish. A chilled glass of Pinot Grigio rounded out the meal. All in all, a nice way to finish a long work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment