New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6, 2011--Epiphany...

Today is Epiphany or what I learned at an early age is the day the Magi appeared in Bethlehem after the birth of Jesus. When I was a kid, growing up in Mexico, the celebrations for this day were as elaborate or more so than for Christmas. Although my family did not celebrate Three King's Day with gifts and feasting, many of my Mexican friends received numerous gifts on this day, as well as had a huge feast and usually a piñata to break as well. I was always a bit envious of my friends, as they received so many more gifts in such a short span of time. Thinking back on it now, as an adult, with bills to pay, I wonder how those families could afford to buy so much, not once, but twice in just a couple of weeks!
Epiphany also means a sudden, intuitive perception into the essential meaning of something, usually coming
from something commonplace. I wish I could say I have had an "epiphany" today, but no such luck... I did have my faith in my own writing ability restored, though, through a strangely worded horoscope in the newspaper today which essentially said not to give up, to continue following my own path, regardless of what others think or say. This has been my philosophy for some years now and deep down, I know I am on the right path, so maybe that is an epiphany after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment