New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

May 10, 2011-- For Better or Worse...

The last two weeks have been a roller coaster ride of emotions, physical ailments, doctor's appointments and the like. My Bell's Palsy is slowly getting better; friends who have not seen me for a week have noticed improvements on the right side of my face. My little lines around my mouth are starting to reappear--god, I never thought I would miss my wrinkles, but having them come back is a good sign that nerves and muscles are starting to work again.
The bad news is Jeff's diagnosis based on the blood in his urine, the CT scan and then a cystoscopy--bladder cancer. Jeff underwent surgery last Friday afternoon and the doctor scraped the inside of the bladder to remove all the tumors and spots he found. Those have been sent off to the pathology lab although we already know the result is cancer. I guess the depth of the tumors will determine the next stage of treatment. Right now, Jeff has 6-8 weeks of rest ahead of him, a hard thing to do for a man used to cutting trees, splitting firewood, doing gardening and the like at this time of year. No pushing, pulling, lifting etc are the orders, which means we have already had to adjust how we do some things around the house, like starting the generator. It is an old pull cord one, difficult under good conditions for me to start, and impossible now for Jeff to do, so we work as a team. He holds the damn thing in place so it doesn't roll forward while I yank the cord. I think we will be purchasing an electric start one in the near future, though.
Plans and projects for the summer are on hold, being moved to a hire someone list or a scrap altogether list. Amazing how something like this can change a person's perspective on everything and what once seemed so damn important suddenly gets dropped like a hot potato.
My writing has been on hold for three weeks now; I am anxious to return to the Mayan jungle and help my protagonist work through her difficulties. Soon, I hope to find the time and energy to get back to her.
I will keep you posted on health and other related issues as time and energy allow. May you all remain healthy and happy in the weeks ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about Jeff. You've really been through it these few weeks, sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete