New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011-- Tired, bug bitten...

Yesterday was a long slog of a day--I took the day off from my paid job to catch up on a lot of the garden work that needs doing. Since it was the first sunny day in quite awhile, there was a lot to do including shoveling manure off the truck, into the wheelbarrow and dumping it on the raised garden beds. Then, the leaves which had been used for banking that still remained around two sides of the house needed removing before any more of the grass died from the weight of the wet leaves and lack of sunlight. Then, an area near the compost pile needed to be cleared of sticks and twigs so the second load of manure/compost could be unloaded in that spot. Fortunately my son came home with a friend just in time to shovel off that truck load. It's amazing how much faster two teenage boys can unload a truck than one middle-aged woman. Although my husband assures me that the second load was noticeably smaller than the first.
Lucky for me my neighbor called in the middle of the afternoon with the suggestion of cold drinks at her house at 4:30 as after all, it was Memorial Day, so the next couple of hours went by in a blur of finishing small tasks like bringing in three loads of dry laundry off the line and watering the greenhouse. A hot shower made me aware of the many bug bites on my legs as well as the sun burn I acquired on the backs of my calves, which stop in a line with the tops of my rubber boots. Drinks and snacks led to dinner and some wine, so by nightfall, I was pleasantly relaxed but also damn tired and grateful to fall into bed. And didn't wake up until 6:45 this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment