New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 12, 2010-- A snowy day in Wellington...

Ah, the lovely sound of sleet as it bounces off the metal roofing on my house is mingling with the clicking sound of the keys on my computer. And the sound of one of those Asian beetles that look like lady bugs as it scrabbles around on the mandala poster I have pinned to the wall.
Too bad the weather has warmed just enough to change the snow we had this morning to sleet. Now, my son will not have so much fun on his snowmobile, I will need to dig out my ice cramp-ons in case the path to the wood shed is icy tomorrow and my husband will need to make a run to the local sand pile to sand our driveway.
Days like today I know why my nights are filled with dreams of sunny, warm Mexico and the three trips I took down there this year!
Speaking of trips, is anyone interested in a possible tour, led by me, of Guadalajara, Mexico? My Mexican friend, Pancho, and I are contemplating running a tour of the city and surroundings. A week of excursions, authentic Mexican food cooked by  Pancho's wife, Alicia, an immersion into Spanish as accommodations would be at Pancho's house, which is sparse and clean... we are still working on a package price for 7 days which would include lodging, food, entrance fees to local sites, tequila and beer, car rental etc. Air flights would be extra as they are so apt to change overnight, we would be hard pressed to figure that in to the total. As details progress on this idea, I will keep you posted and if anyone is seriously interested in a trip in February 2011, drop me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment