New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 2010-- New Year's resolutions and all..

It's the end of another year--goodbye 2010. Overall, this year was a better year than a lot I've lived through with the highlights being my graduation from college, my middle son's graduation from high school, three trips to Mexico, one being a fantastic week with my oldest son, Yule, plus a steady paycheck for the past 6 months, something that's been missing in my life for years as I struggled to get through  college.
So, now it's New Year's Eve and we all should be making resolutions for the new year-- I've done it in the past and always wind up failing and then feel like crap for not following through on those resolutions like writing 5 pages a day, everyday, getting something published in the first six months of the new year, losing five pounds or at least shifting weight so I look better, etc. I never seem to follow these patterns for very long and then spend time beating myself up over not adhering to these self-imposed rules.
 So, this New Year's my resolution is to not make any resolutions. I want to just keep plugging away at my job to make the money to pay the bills, keep writing in my time off so I perfect the pieces I have, and enjoy my life with my family. If I make any resolution at all, it's to not beat myself up quite so severely when I fail at the uphill climb I have set before myself.
I wish all of us good health, sufficient money, good family and friends close by for the new year. Have a great 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment