New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

December 18, 2010-- On attempting to stay focused...

I don't know about you, but when I get into a writing mode, all kinds of ideas start to gurgle around in my brain. It's as if  still waters have been stirred so that all kinds of stuff starts to float to the surface, with one idea leading off to another and another and so on. My trouble is trying to stay focused on the project at hand while all these other ideas are floating around in the back of my head, begging to be recognized.
I feel excited, nervous, giddy, overwhelmed, stressed, tired,  and fearful that there is not enough time to write everything down, all at the same time.
I have gone through these phases before, leaping from one project to the next, until I have a stack of unfinished ideas that then remain stagnant in my computer for months at a time.
I have made myself an early New Year's resolution-- I can work on several projects at a time, but I have to continue on each of them until they are finished. I want to know I can carry a project through to the end, especially a big project, like the two books I am working on. So, the new ideas that came flooding into my head last night are written down in a notebook so they are not lost, but my main focus will be on these two books. When one at least is done, then maybe I can begin to look at one of these new ideas with fresh eyes and interest.
I wonder if other writers have this problem. I know some writers work on several projects at a time and seem to do very well with this method while others can't even contemplate a new idea while working on something else. What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment