New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19, 2011--Comfort...

Today was a gloomy, overcast, gray day  in Maine. All the colors outside were washed out into a boring palette of grays, whites, browns, and dark greens.  Yesterday's snowstorm led to about 6 inches of fluff on the ground when we went to bed last night, but unfortunately at some point in the night, it rained, so all that fluff turned to heavy, sticky snow that took some effort to shovel.
After a morning of work on the computer, shoveling snow for half an hour and an afternoon of work, it seems I was in need of creature comforts. For I found myself removing my wet jeans and putting on my warm sweat pants, usually reserved for after my afternoon exercise routine. Then, my thoughts turned to what to make for supper and ziti with meat sauce instantly sprang to mind, followed by yet another comfort food, tapioca pudding.
These were small things in my life today, the comfortable clothes and good food, but it's amazing what an effect they have had on me, turning my mood of boredom and tiredness of winter into one of enthusiasm for the evening's writing and reading while snuggled under the down comforter on the bed.
It's important to find comfort in the little things; it helps keep us sane and on a steady path while we move through our daily routines. More exciting things may be on the horizon, but in the meantime, it's good to have the little stuff to lean on in times of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment