New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

January 8, 2011--The start of something new...

The start of something new, whether it's a romance, a job, a building project, a hobby, or a writing project is always exciting. That's just the nature of how this game of life seems to work. And the flip side, the ending, is oftentimes a time of sadness, or a let down. Not always, but often. For a building, once it's done can be looked at with a sense of pride, or a job well-done can be looked at with accomplishment and the same holds true for a writing project. But things like romances, vacations, and other events that have an emotional hold on you can often bring on feelings of sadness once they end.
That's why I prefer beginnings to endings--I love that rush of excitement when all is undiscovered still. I wind up seeing the world around me, beyond whatever this new beginning is, with new eyes and the old, the habitual takes on a clearer perspective, even if only for a few days. 
I wasn't always this way; I'd often hang on to the past to prevent something ending because I was afraid there might be nothing else beyond what I already had. But, I have learned there's always something else out there, often better than what was, and that by letting go, it opens up endless possibilities for other things to fill that space. A sometimes hard lesson to learn, but one that I am glad I have learned. And, I have also learned that occasionally life can be cyclical and what once was that disappeared can sometimes come round again, as a new beginning...and the start of something new is always exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes its a rock and hard place, then what????
    Sometimes its a gut wrenching choice between what you really,
    really want and what others who need you so much want.
    Is being true to oneself mean doing what you WANT???? or what
    you must.
    Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being true to oneself is choosing what YOU want, not what others want you do to or want of you. Choosing to follow your own true path allows you to help those who are in need, but the first step is often to turn your back on those who are asking/wanting for your aid.

    ReplyDelete