New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 10, 2011-- Thursdays...

Thursdays can be some of the most irritating days during the week. It's not Monday, when one is psyched up to go back to work, it is not Wednesday when one feels the week is half over and it's not Friday when one can relax, knowing the work week is done, the evening and weekend lie ahead in a seemingly limitless number of  luxurious hours. No, it is Thursday, just another day to be done with, with yet another to go before the horizon of possibilities opens up. I think I really dislike Thursdays!
Good thing tonight there is a poetry reading at UMF that we are willing to venture to, despite the cold and late hour we will return home. I am not sure what the poetry will be like, as I have not read this woman's work, but that is part of the appeal of going-- a surprise package on an otherwise dreary day. Although, the sun was out, so that was good. The poet is Erika Meitner. I will probably buy one of her books, I usually buy a book and have it signed. It is a great way to increase my library, I get to personally hobnob with a published author (which renews my faith that getting published can be done) and by having a signed copy of the  book, I am reminded of the evening again whenever I happen to crack the spine again. Plus, all the authors I have had sign books in the past have been very generous in their comments, usually directed towards my own writing and wishing me luck. Although one young writer's comments did raise my husband's eyebrows as the man thanked me for a wonderful evening. Several interpretations could have been read into his comments, none of which, I rapidly assured my husband, had any significance to what actually transpired that night. So, off for a glass of wine, a bit of roasted chicken, warm bread and a stir fry of veges before braving the wind and cold for a (hopefully) good reading of some fine poetry.

1 comment:

  1. This is really strange! I had just started a post on how I love Thursdays (it's the day I go to the library and check out the NYTimes Magazine and whatever fiction is in The New Yorker, as well as just poke around for other interesting things) when I checked my Dashboard and here is this post about how you hate Thursdays! Except this week when you are going to a poetry reading. Enjoy the evening! And stay warm, it's very cold even here at the coast.

    ReplyDelete