New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 24, 2011--A personal best...

Today was another good day, not quite so grand as yesterday but productive nonetheless. I hit a personal milestone-page 50 of the same project for the first time ever.
I know it's only one-fourth of a book-length manuscript, but the knowledge that I have actually carried a story this far amazes me. Probably because when I first started thinking about writing a book, the idea daunted me so much that I backed away for a couple of weeks. But, the ideas, the characters would not let me go and so, I began to write. A scene here, a scene there, some transitions to tie them together, then another few scenes and slowly, but steadily, the ideas are getting out onto the page.
I've read enough interviews of published authors in magazines, been to enough readings and attended Q and A sessions to know that the methods of writing a book are as varied as the number of people writing them, so I don't worry that my method is unorthodox. It seems to be working, I am producing pages on a consistent basis and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment