New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Friday, February 18, 2011

February 18, 2011- Rewards...

Several of the writing blogs and magazines I read have all had articles and comments on how important it is as freelance writers to remember to reward oneself from time to time. To set goals, big and small, and when one is reached to do something as a pat on the back. Since we work for ourselves, we have no boss to give us that pat, that bonus for the week, the gold star on the forehead like I used to give my kids when they were little and being home schooled.
I think it's especially important to remember to reward yourself right now, when we are still stuck in winter, with mountains of snow out every window. The next season is mud season and frankly, that can be far worse than the snow.
So, since I finished another chapter in my book, I  took own advice. I went and got a haircut yesterday, then went to Borders and bought a new book and magazine. I feel extremely pleased at the bookstore purchases as I get something new to read, the author of the book makes a little moola, the magazine has some needed support and bankrupt Borders gets a little cash, too. And, I am grateful that the Bangor store is not one that is closing, which says something about readership in central Maine.
How will you reward yourself this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment