New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

February 17, 2011--Does anyone else notice..

Does anyone else notice when there are glitches in television shows and movies? I'm talking about the verbal equivalent of a typo or editorial mistake in writing. I find those all the time when reading, whether its the newspaper (the biggest culprit for typos and just plain poor writing), magazines or books. One time, I bought a second-hand book from a thrift store and found a woman had written on the inside back cover,  in neat Spencerian handwriting, a list of all the typos she had found in the book, each mistake with its corresponding page number. But, I digress.
It bugs me when I watch a movie and notice that so and so's shirt was wet, then dry two minutes later or the cup that the person drained in the first scene is now half-full again seconds later. Those glitches irk me.
The same is true for television. Now, I don't watch much t.v., in fact, I am only really watching one show right now-V on Tuesday nights. I like anything with vampires or aliens in it; this show has aliens, lizard-like creatures covered with a human skin, so they look like us, but underneath are these kind of green, slimy things with hidden tails and tons of teeth. Anyway, this is the one show I seemed to be hooked on at the moment. Last week's episode had the head alien, Anna, telling her subordinate that the human teenage boy whom she has been trying to convince to mate with her lizard daughter was no longer that necessary for the aliens plan of attack on the humans. Now, this has been an underlying theme for the entire season, that  this kid, Tyler, is vital to the V's and their domination of the human race. So, it came as a surprise that suddenly Tyler was not needed, as there were other humans in line for the job. Okay, that came as a surprise, but I was willing to go with it.
Then, this past Tuesday's episode had Anna telling her subordinate that Tyler's parents needed to be killed somehow so that Tyler would turn to her, Anna, for comfort, at which point she could lead Tyler to the daughter as he is vital to the alien attack. That switch was not cool and I realized that somewhere, some writer/editor did not keep track of an important thread in the overall arc of this story.
It's sloppy mistakes like that one that make it hard for me to continue with a show or in the case of a book, reading it to the end. I stopped reading Stephen King for years because I found so many editorial mistakes in his book, The TommyKnockers.
Does anyone else get bugged by stuff like that or am I just being picky?

No comments:

Post a Comment