New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4, 2011-- The snow falling faintly....

Egypt and the weather, those continue to be the headlines in the news. Here in Maine, we have a fair amount of snow, about normal actually for this time of year, for this area. I know folks down along the coast have gotten hammered and places like CT and NY have more snow than we do.
And, more snow is predicted for tomorrow night. I am grateful for the snow, for  several reasons. It provides some upper body exercise when I need to shovel the paths, it helps keep the house warm when pitched against the side of the house, and it keeps me glued to my computer, working, when it falls all day long.  It is far harder to remain devoted to my job when the sun twinkles on the snow, urging me outside to walk or snowshoe in the new powder.
When I look out the window, I am reminded of Joyce's story  "The Dead" with all the references to snow. I have always liked the last lines and find them somehow calming in an otherwise chaotic day.
"His soul swooned slowly as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end, upon all the living and the dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment