New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Monday, February 14, 2011

February 14, 2011-- Happy Valentine's Day....

Today we woke to gray skies that let loose slow drifting flakes of snow. But, that did not put a damper on the day, it being Valentine's and all. According to my mom, who should know, I was conceived on Valentine's Day--a planned pregnancy, right down to the day. So, I have always had a soft spot for this romantic holiday. And, I was not let down today. I stumbled down the stairs, still a bit bleary-eyed from lack of sleep as we stayed up to watch the Grammy's last night, to find a miniature red rose plant at my place at the table. As well as a bag of Ghiradelli dark chocolate and raspberry candies, two Danskin purple shirts to wear while exercising and a card. The card happened to be the exact same one I had picked out for Jeff! Which was not unexpected as the picture on the front is of two cats, all snuggled together. And, at the time I bought mine for Jeff, I thought he would wind up seeing the card and getting it for me. We had a good laugh over the whole thing while munching on chocolates after lunch. And this afternoon, I donned one of my new shirts to wear while riding my exercise bike and watched the snow continue to fall and thought about where I will start a miniature rose garden in the spring, now that we have two plants in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment