New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16, 2011-- A blustery afternoon approaches...

The wind is picking up outside and if I lived on a lake or small pond, I imagine the water would be kicking up into small whitecaps at this point. But, since I live in the woods, the strings of Mexican and Tibetan prayer flags flapping steadily outside my office window and the noise of the wind leaking in around said old  office window are the only indications at this point that we are due for a storm.
The reading Thursday night was a true delight. Rosemary Mahoney, who strongly reminded me in dress, mannerisms, and speech of Dana Scully from The X Files, did a nice job of reading from her book, Down the Nile. Which, we learned, is not the title she would have chosen for the book, but the one the publisher picked. As Ms. Mahoney said, they know their business, as the book has sold far more copies with this title than would have with her original. Which she can't even remember at this point.
I liked the fact that she spent more time just talking to the audience and answering questions than actually reading as we can all go read her books on our own time but can't ask her questions whenever we want. Except, I did, as I found her email address on-line and wrote her with the question I wanted to ask that evening but didn't have time to do which is what is her latest project? Last night I received a very nice reply stating Ms. Mahoney is working on a book about teaching the blind in India. Sounds like another best-seller to me.
That reading was the last of the Visiting Writers Series at UMF for this semester. I will keep watch for the new line of writers who will be appearing in the fall and keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment