New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011- Where is spring?

Today is the 18th of April. Almost a month has passed since the official calendar turning of the seasons to spring and yet, today felt as raw, blustery and apt to snow as any day in February. I bundled up in multiple layers to take a much needed walk in the fresh air and on my return, promptly started up the wood stove. We still have piles of snow in the front, side and back yards while the driveway is a continuous series of ruts in the semi-frozen mud.
Tulips and daffodils are bravely poking up about six inches of greenery but this is only because we planted them over the septic tank, which is the warmest spot in the yard at this time of year.
Weather predictions do not look favorable for the rest of the week with snow flurries being mentioned on one report I heard today.
I think it will be a good week to stay at my desk, working on various projects and dreaming of a vacation in Hawaii sometime in June.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I was watching the weather on the local news today (always a bad idea) and saw, for Wednesday, "rain/mix" forecast. Mix? Mix of what? What the #&@* is this?!?

    Ah, Maine.

    The advantage of living in downtown Portland is that the snow here is plowed/removed with almost religious fervor - in the "yellow zone" where businesses want parking spots available and sidewalks clear. The disadvantages, you probably can imagine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, I would take the disadvantages of Portland life over the continuing snow/mud etc of rural Maine.
    Especially when the forecast is that "mix" which will only prolong our mud season here for another week or more.
    I am grateful we are not getting the tornadoes or earthquakes like other parts of the world...

    ReplyDelete