New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011-- The highs and lows of it all...

Sorry I have not posted for a bit--this past week has been filled with highs and lows and right now, the lows are gaining--I spent a good part of Easter Sunday not making Easter eggs or cookies but in the ER with the right side of my face paralyzed. According to the PA's quick diagnosis, I have a classic textbook case of Bell's Palsy which started on Thursday with the most godawful pain right below my ear that I have ever experienced. Two days of pain led to a continuously weeping eye on Saturday to facial paralysis on Sunday.
Now I am reduced to seeing out of my left eye only, as the right is covered with a patch to help it from drying out. I am only able to create half a smile, can't raise my eyebrow or keep toothpaste from dribbling from the side of my mouth. Life has definitely slowed to a crawl especially any work on the computer as it is hard to type with only one eye watching fingers and keyboard. And to add to this, it may not be Bell's Palsy but another symptom of Lyme disease, so I need to get tested for that when I go to the doctor on Thursday.
Work on the book has stopped, work for money has slowed to a crawl--yesterday I watched my very first Oprah show as it required less eye strain than trying to read.
I knew I should have stayed in Mexico for another week...
I'll keep you posted on how things progress.

1 comment:

  1. Lee, I am so sorry! Warm wishes for your speedy recovery...

    ReplyDelete