New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7, 2011-- I shouldn't read the news...

Because I work on-line, at home, I am often scanning the news headlines during the day, during my breaks. After all, the computer is up and running and it is easy enough to open a new tab and check the headlines. There are times, though, when I wish I didn't have this curiosity to know what is going on in the rest of the world.
Like tonight-- the opening headlines are on the crazy man who killed 11 children, mostly girls, in a school in Rio de Janeiro. Just reading the headlines made my skin crawl and then I had to keep reading to find out what happened to the man. He wound up shooting himself in the head, which is little consolation, especially to the parents of the slain children.
This morning, I saw the first news flashes of the 7.4 earthquake in Japan and the 6.5 quake in Mexico and immediately started looking for tsunami warnings for Hawaii while I felt my heart begin to race and my blood pressure to rise. Twenty minutes later the news flashes were of the 4-6 foot tsunami headed to Japan and my heart fluttered again.
It's important to keep abreast of these things but there are days when I wish the news was more user-friendly. It would certainly make for a less panic filled day for everyone, not just me.
On the plus side, it makes me realize why I like living in central Maine-- it is relatively safe albeit a bit boring at times. However, I will take boring over gunmen and earthquakes any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment