New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Friday, December 17, 2010

December 17, 2010-- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Part 2...

So, last night's blog was short because I was headed off to watch the movie, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. If you like suspense-thrillers with a foreign flavor, then this is a must see. The acting is superb, the plot is fast-paced, the scenery is beautiful, the tension builds and builds. Usually when a book is made into a movie, the results are okay but not an incentive to go read the book. This movie is different. Having just seen the movie, I now want to go read the book/books as this is the first in a trilogy.
The whole time I was watching last night, a part of me was saying to myself, "so how did this writer create these fully fleshed characters and how did he insert the little clues here and there so that the tension builds and the answer is not obvious at the end and how did he weave several threads together into such a complex piece of fiction?"
I really want to read the books with a writer's eye now and try to decipher the methods used to create such a great read. It will be easier to do with this first book, since I know the story-- I won't get lost in the story itself as I would if I didn't know the basic plot. I'm hoping I can gleam something from them to use in my own stories to improve them as I know I am far from this stage of writing right now.
If any of you have read the books and have some thoughts, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment