New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 28, 2010-- Hearing voices....

Most people, if they hear voices in their heads, begin to wonder if something is wrong and begin to worry about their sanity. They refuse to say anything to anyone out of fear, fear that someone will insist they go to a doctor to have tests done, to see if they are sane.
As a writer, and I suspect this is true of other writers, when I begin to hear voices in my head, I get excited for it can only mean one thing--the muse is back and it's time to get to work. For those voices usually mean a character or two has come to life and wants me to pay attention to him or her.
Sometimes there are multiple voices and I am drawn to one and then another and can't decide which one to focus on. Then, I have to imagine all these voices as characters, in full costume, kind of like the dining hall of a movie studio where kings and queens from one movie set are mingling with the bank robbers and dope dealers of another movie. Each person enters into a line and has a few minutes to propose their particular story to me and the one with the strongest plot line and voice becomes the one I write about. I feel  a little sad for the others  as they go back to sit at their respective tables and wait for the next casting call as some of these people have been waiting for years and years. But, I know that they are there, patiently waiting their turn. I just hope that I can reach them all before time runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment