New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday, December 7, 2010--It's all relative...

"It's all relative," I said to myself as I hung up the phone from talking to Yule, my twenty-year old son who lives in HI. He had mildly complained about the stretch of cold weather he was experiencing out there...62 F last night; he threw his clothes in the dryer this am to warm them before getting dressed. I looked out the window at the four+ inches of snow we now have, the wind swirling fluffy flakes around and around, while smoke from the woodstove danced in the air as well...Yule's weather would be warm to us now and we'd be opening the doors to let the heat into the house.Of course, when you're used to 80 F, then 62 is going to feel cold.
As the days get shorter and shorter, I learn to adapt, to make the most of my break at lunchtime to get outside and take a walk or at least to bring in the firewood so I'm not doing it in the dark. Later in the spring, I'll be able to see at 5 pm and can bring in wood then, or go for a stroll before dinner but not now. Now, the days are short; I have to remember to take a flashlight with me when I go out grocery shopping in the afternoon as it will be dark by the time I get home. More time is spent inside, reading, organizing, working, writing.. I adjust to the slower pace, thankful that it is slower after the hectic rush of summer when the days are long and there never seems to be enough time to get everything done in the day. It's all relative, all part of the process and I wouldn't change it if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment