New website...

Hello readers, I have been trying to figure out how to create a link between this blog site and my new website but unfortunately, have not been able to import one into the other. So, my new blog is found at http://www.leeecart.com
Hope to see you there!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 26, 2010--Sitting in the dark...

I'm sitting at the dining room table, watching as the light outside fades and look around to realize that it is pretty darn dark here in the house. But, I am too tired to get up and turn the light on! So, I continue to type, hoping that I am hitting the right keys, as I am a terrible typist and also have a tendency to transpose letters--a dyslexia in typing, I guess I would call it. However,the smell of a ham roasting in the oven forces me to get up and check it and while I pass the wall switch, I flip the light on in the kitchen.
 As I open the oven and look at the ham, my stomach rumbles in anticipation of another feast. I am glad I have an exercise routine as I know it will take several days to work off all the food I have eaten in the past 36 hours.
The excitement of the past three days is finally catching up to me. Thursday was a marathon wrapping of presents in the afternoon, followed by an evening of baking cookies and making homemade chocolates. Friday was a run to the grocery store and the seafood market over in Newport plus an unplanned stop at Walmart for a couple of supplies that Hannaford's had run out of of, followed by a five mile bike ride, then an afternoon of baking cookies and crackers, making boiled lobsters for dinner and a fun party with our neighbors.
Yesterday was a busy morning of opening presents with my husband and two of my sons with a breakfast of mimosas, homemade blueberry muffins and bacon, followed by an afternoon with my parents, more presents, more food, more champagne...the evening was spent on the couch, watching a Netflix movie called "Australia."
So, today, I am tired, and am moving slower and slower as the day winds down to evening and towards the big blizzard that is supposed to hit us sometime in the night. I am glad I have food in the house, gas for the generator, and a full wood box. I am content to be sitting in the dark, gathering energy for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment